Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tomorrow is the first day of our meteorological Spring!

26 Feb. , 2017

February has been a very busy month. My new heating system is is very nearly finished – John Kirk, the heating engineer, with Rianna his daughter, apprentice, have been run off their feet keeping a good few clients happy and they have just one control to fix here and that is Heron's Flight “upgraded”! I am delighted with all the work done – no more worries of tanks and elderly pipes leaking, worse still bursting! Over the years, there have been several “watery events”, with some major mop-ups and redecoration necessary – gone are those worries!!.

I had windows replaced in the chalet, as well as - finally - the three gable windows facing the south west gales! And to complete the glazing spree, both kitchens have new windows - what a difference they make.....

Just last week Alistair and Mike, joiners, spared me some time to shelve two cupboards, now without water tanks, also doing some varnishing and touching up. I now have the cupboards to fill – easy!

So this is all done in time – my first guests come on March 1st! More friends arrive on the 3rd for a few days. I am not busy then for some weeks, so I'll go to Edinburgh later in the month, while Moira attends a course.

As I write this, I'm in Edinburgh, but I'll not post it till I am home. I travelled on Wednesday – a good journey as the gales of Tuesday had subsided. The forecast for tomorrow is snow in the central belt – we shall see!

Ruah and Duncan are being clipped tomorrow – I have brought their coats, as they may well feel decided cold tomorrow evening! Both have rather long hair at present - not for much longer!!!

I'll do some necessary shopping and head home perhaps on Sunday. It is lovely to be with the family for a few days.........

First visitors of 2017!  Welcome, Dave and Denise!

 Two little clipped dogs, huddling together in front of the warm Rayburn - well, the temperature today is 3C....

No comments: