Thursday, June 14, 2018


June 14, 2018

We are recovering from a very stormy night! Today has been blustery and quite wet at times – winds are abating and the 65 – 70mph gusts are just bad memories! I had put my car well up the drive as part of a high trellis was threatening to fall into the drive – it has not happened yet, but does need a bit of attention, when the weather does calms down.
My car, this morning, was covered in leaves and tiny broken branches from the big silver birch near the hay rake – no damage at all......

Today my guests and I have spent quite a lot of time in the porch, watching the yachts in the bay – most were here overnight and all but one had a good anchor. The one moved a long way in the night, luckily not bumping into another boat, or the shore in front of Heron's Flight! It is a good spectator sport!!

Duncan is a lucky wee dog! A family living quite close usually have an evening walk and he is often included! Rowan, their daughter takes lovely photos and I see them – Duncan exploring the salty water, Duncan running among the long grass which is full of flowers – I'll add a couple at the bottom of this letter......  Now, I do not know how to transfer photos from email to here, so I'll send something else till I learn!!!
Here is Duncan in his preferred "bed"  - Catriona's size 6.5 shoe box!
Duncan in front of the poppy bed, as they emerged.  Not one left standing after the gale of last night.....

We have had the best three weeks of weather I can remember, till last night. Temperatures were daily in the mid /high 20'Cs and nights were very warm too. We fear, now the Jet Stream has moved, that all is back to normal!! But the midges have really not been a nuisance, which is a bonus.
Plockton is very busy now and will remain so till October probably. The sailing season has begun and there are races weekly. The children have instruction each Tuesday evening and it is lovely to see the Topper fleet on the water!

I am as busy as I'd like to be, with friends returning and new guests arriving. Malcolm and Denise Bain leave tomorrow, after a lovely visit. It is so good to see them again! Safe journey home.....

It'll soon be the Scottish school summer holidays and I hope some of the Edinburgh family will be coming. Just at present, Catriona, who left school at the end of her 6th year, is in Majorca with eleven of her long-time school friends. She will be heading to Uni in the Autumn.......

Are you travelling far on holiday this year? I hope you enjoy every minute of it! Are you coming to the North West of Scotland? Perhaps you'll come into Plockton.... If so, pop in and say hello!

Best wishes, Ann
Ann

No comments: