Monday, November 09, 2015

Monday November 9, 2015

My last guests left on October 25 - Richard and Angela, sorry about the weather!  I wonder how many times this year I have apologised, as it truly has been the worst summer we remember.  Bless you, everyone who patted me on the head and assured me that it was not my fault and they did not expect decent weather up here anyway - and yes they would be back!

Since then I've been busy.  I perversely like to get some "spring" cleaning done in late autumn and that has been done, in both Heron's Flight and "35", the house we let out.  The latter had a burst pipe and needed quite a lot of restorative work done.  Happily, that is complete and the two new floors and one wall look very good, as does the new water tank.......

The schools had their autumn holiday in October and Catriona came for a day or two, travelling north by train. I was delighted when Sam came out of the train behind her!  We had a couple of lovely days, visiting and shopping on the Isle of Skye and then popping in and out of many houses in the village.  Everyone was very pleased to see them again, as Sam especially has not been a frequent visitor in the last few years, as his studies came first.

Ruah and I are heading south at the end of this week, for a few days.  Ruah will be trimmed - she badly needs it and the lady who always did the necessary has retired.  Moira's little Shis Thu

No comments: