Monday, November 09, 2015

November 9th, 2015


Dear friends,
Today sunrise was at 04.57 and sunset 16.51, but no sun!  Plenty of wind and rain, as has been the norm this year.  It certainly was the worst weather this summer in my memory – I have been in Plockton for fifty three years now.  My last visitors left on October 25 and I know that Angela and Richard will brave the north west again!

Since then I have, as usual, done some cleaning and clearing, in and out.  I always like to get all the laundry washed and put away, till the spring.  It is a wonder there was anything to put back in the cupboards as sheets twangled round lines and pillow cases blew up like balloons and could easily have gone into orbit.  Only once before, many years ago, did a whole clothes line take off and land in the next garden – it threatened to happen again several times recently!!!  

The garden fared a bit better and the many leaves from neighbouring trees and my own bushes and palms just blew away…….  The grass got cut last week, hopefully for the last time this year and the more delicate pot plants are gradually being rescued and put in the porch.

Catriona and Sam – the latter a total surprise for me – arrived by train, for a couple of days in October, when the schools had the autumn holiday and Sam a few days off from his hospital work in Kirkcaldy.  We had a lovely time, touring Skye and visiting there then popping in to a good few houses in the village, as everyone knows the family.  I was very sorry to see them going south again…..

However, Ruah and I are going to Edinburgh at the end of this week.  Ruah will be clipped, as her usual lady has retired.  I shall do some visiting and head back here towards the middle of the week I expect.  I shall most likely go south again for Christmas.   I’ll have plenty to do here before that.  

I do hope that you and your families are well and that I shall see you next year.  I shall write again long before then.

Best wishes,  Ann

Plockton skies from our front garden.....


No comments: